Thursday, June 21, 2012

What a Small World We Live In

So my good friend Gudrun sends me a quick IM the other night.  She's asking me if I can hop onto the teleport she sent me to see if it works. She has another friend who is opening a club and just want's to see if it works.  I figure Gud (I pronounce that "good") is sending me to her friend's place for real, or someplace where I can get into some real trouble. In either case it sounds like lots of fun so without another thought, like a lot were going through my head anyways, I press the button and find myself in a rather large club.

Always keeping my mini-map up and in the corner I immediately check it to make sure I've not landed on somebody and immediately move away from the landing zone making sure I don't run over anybody.  Oh yeah, as I ramble on here.  Anybody that says "Sorry if I run into you, nothing is rezzed yet" is a total fail.  The mini-map tells you where people are even if they aren't rezzed yet.  Yes you should wait ten or fifteen seconds to let it find everyone but most people do that anyways.

Now back to my original rant.  So I check my mini-map looking for the yellow dot that would tell me where Gud is.  Surprisingly I see not one but two yellow dots on the mini-map.  Firing up the ol' perv cam I send it on its way.  And who do I find?  Vonny, a very old dear friend of mine.  Her partner Lou is starting up a new club, "Little Lou*s Club".  I really had a wonderful time catching up with Vonny.  I hope she and Lou the best in getting their new adventure off the ground and I'll be back to visit to hopefully see other old friends and catch back up.

Funny how big Second Life can be and yet, how small of a community it can also be.

No comments:

Post a Comment