Saturday, October 22, 2011

Something more conventional

I'm still trying to find my way on how I want to present myself to the world.  One thing I need to do is provide better quality photos.  Let's hope this post looks better.


For this post let's skip the story line and just go with what I'm wearing here.  What I like about this outfit is that I found a pencil skirt that actually works well in Second Life.  When I stand it looks good, when I walk it looks good. When I dance, as long as I'm not dancing like a loon, which would be hard pressed to do in a pencil skirt, it looks good!

This outfit is simple, classy and traditional. It's not an in your face sexy look but more of an innocent cute look which I really like. I think every woman should have an outfit like this for those times when you just feel like looking nice, and nothing more.

The blouse from The Secret Store is really nice.  It comes with prims for the shoulders to provide a puffy look and a prim for the waist.  While the prims textures don't align the color and scale of the prim to the base shirt is just about identical and provides a really good look.  The blouse is provided in all three layers of shirt, undershirt and jacket.  All of the prims come with re-size scripts with an option to delete the script after you have the size right.  The blouse set is mod/copy/no transfer which comes in handy so when you do delete those scripts you still have an original copy.

The pencil skirt from Milady's Fancy Gowns is one of the best pencil skirts I've found in Second Life to date.  It has two versions actually. The pencil skirt shown and a longer skirt that covers the legs down to the middle calf.  It comes in many colors so I'm sure you'll see more of this necessary item in the future.  The one prim item that comes with it is this nice simple belt.  There are no scripts with the belt but the entire skirt ensemble is also mod/copy/no transfer and it was a snap to just re-size manually and adjust the belt position.


The shoes were an amazing find at LeLutka.  They don't come with the traditional re-size scripts but a hud is provided which allows you to adjust the skin tone and nail color.  The soles of the shoes come in three colors and can be selected in the hud.  The shoes come with a built in invisi-prim option or you can use the alpha layer, which removes the invisi-prim.


Overall I really like this outfit. It's definitely not the sexiest outfit in my closet but it is a great professional look. Since wearing it I've received many compliments about it.


OUTFIT ITEMS:
  • Skin: Belleza - Erika Med 0 Hair
  • Lips: Belleza - Erika Med Lips 2
  • Lip Gloss: Blacklace - ~BB~ Clear Lip Gloss
  • Blush: cheLLe - Everyday Blush 3
  • Hair: Curio - Lovely - Wheat Blonde
  • Necklace: Ashira's Aerie Juliet Heart Locket Pendant
  • Earrings: Blaze - White Pearl Earring Studs
  • Bangles: Ali Couture Pink Swirls Bangles
  • Blouse: The Secret Store - Puffy Blouse - Lilies Teal / Coral
  • Skirt: Milady's Fancy Gowns - Moneypenny Pencil Skirts - Taupe
  • Shoes: LeLutka - Mischa in Sienna






No comments:

Post a Comment