Sunday, October 16, 2011

Clubbing in all of the wrong places

Getting off of the subway I knew something was wrong.  This part of town just didn't look right for the club I was heading to.  I was supposed to meet my girlfriends and they told me this was the stop.  But looking up and down the dingy street a shiver came over me.  This can't be right.

My girlfriends wouldn't do this to me, this had to be the right stop. My few choices were simple, turn back around and get back on a train, or take a walk and find the club. My desire for fun overcame my common sense and off I went heading down the street.  The "tap tap tap" from the heels of my boots echoed off of the stale and unkempt buildings as I made my way down the dingy sidewalks that lined the empty street.  Suddenly I realized how I was dressed and how everybody was looking at me.  A sudden sense of panic rose up in me and I looked for a door to duck inside, but where?

My pace down the sidewalk quickened and my boots signaled this to the locals with their pronounced cadence. I could tell that I was prey here. Soon my pace was almost a run when a small group of young men materialized a few block in front of me.  I immediately turned the next corner and just about crashed into a group of streetwalkers. As I moved through them I was harassed by the ladies, telling me this was their corner and to find another place to stand. My god, they thought I was a common prostitute! Why would they think that I'm one of them?



As I made my way a few more blocks I saw a Waffle House on the corner. Thinking any port in a storm I rushed inside. Now as far as Waffle Houses go this place was... to be honest... a dump.  But it was warm and seemed safe for the moment. I sat down and ordered some coffee. The waitress looked me up and down asking me if I was local. I smiled and explained to her my situation. A grin came upon her face as she listened and when I was finished she recommend I stay with her at the restaurant until morning.

As I sat there looking out on the street from inside the people walking by were looking back at me.  A small crowd started to gather in front of the building. Some of the boys I saw earlier were part of the group.  The waitress made a call and almost immediately police showed up and had them disperse.  One of the officers came inside and came over to me. He explained that a working girl like myself should be more careful. Muttering to myself, I explained that I was not "working" at which point his eyebrows raised and something about a "crazy bitch" was muttered from his lips.  Surely he wasn't talking about me was he?

The rest of the night was uneventful and I spent it watching local restaurant patrons come and go. Some came and talked to me, many offered me cash for any services I may provide. As the waitresses shift ended so did the night. The morning sun was rising and she offered to take me back to the subway station.  As we made our way there I made a note to myself that the next time I wear this outfit, I'm taking a cab.


SHOT LOCATION: The Warehouse District - Urban Roleplay City, ParadiseView

OUTFIT ITEMS:

  • Skin: Belleza - Erika Med 18 Hair (cleavage)
  • Hair: Analog Dog - Cafe, platinum. I added bangs from Yum, platinum
  • Blush: cheLLe - Everyday Blush 1
  • Jewelry: Bandit - Akita Black Pearls Set
  • Corset: J's Lace-Up Corset
  • Skirt: Naima - Leather Skirt, Black
  • Belt: Bax - Leather Belt M
  • Boots: B&G - Bota Eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment