Sunday, September 9, 2012

Isole Angeliche Grand Opening

Yesterday I had the privilege of attending a grand opening party of a new sim that my two friends, Cay and Wulf Carlucci had part in creating and opening. The party was a success with over 35 people in attendance at any given point during its three hour celebration. But this post isn't about the party, but about one incredibly beautifully constructed location.

Isole Angeliche is patterned after that small Italian town set in the Tuscany region. When I first got there however it truly reminded me of the Isle of Capri off of the coast of Naples, Italy. While the architecture in the sim did favor the Tuscany region around Piza, Florence and the surrounding rolling hills I felt that Capri was well represented here.  With its homes leading from the harbor up the mountain to the town proper, along with its small courtyards and plentiful shops along walking paths, touring this sim gave me the same feeling I had as I walked up the meandering roads that led from Capri's harbor to the shops higher above while on vacation in Italy.

While the sim is new and some shops are empty do not let that stop you from exploring this wonderful place. There is a lot to see and I suggest you take a good look. There is a really nice teleport system in place. You touch the object and a series of named pictures appear to help you get around. The teleport devices are located around the island in convenient locations. I highly recommend you take a gondola ride through the tunnels and around the island itself.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea of what you will see as you explore the island.








No comments:

Post a Comment